Let’s give them grace.
How do you help students who flunked the first marking period to recover their grades when secured testing is elusive and there isn’t enough time to go through all of your full lessons?
I teach 160 minutes a week of virtual direct instruction and reduced my weekly lessons to one dense half-hour of essential information in an asynchronous lesson in Google Slides.
It helps them to do the lessons at their own pace without adult supervision.
When they finish they will know what most “D’ students know and be able to continue on to the next marking period, not dragging their flunking grade with them.
If our administrators give us the authority to change grades and offer redemption for genuine effort, we should embrace grace recovery during the Pandemic.
This file includes:
a pdf with eight links to google slides – you must make copies of them.
- Intro Me Gusta Hola Me llamo estudiante profesora 13 slides and Quizlet
- Greetings 17 slides and Quizlet
- How One is Feeling 22 slides and Quizlet
- Numbers 1 – 15 and Days of the Week 21 slides and Quizizzz
- Numbers 16 – 31 and Months 22 slides and Quizizz
- Numbers 40 – 59 Time 25 slides Quizizz
- Numbers 60 – 100 Weather and Seasons 15 slides and Quizizz
- Colors and Classroom Objects and Adjective Agreement 25 slides and Quizizz
This store is my charity work, all net proceeds support three Venezuelan families, so that they can buy food, medicines and send two girls to elementary school.
♥ ♥ Update on family
♥ ♥ For activities about the cost of education click here.
♥ ♥ For video about one family leaving Venezuela click here.
♥ ♥ You may also be interested in the Venezuelan National Anthem Video and booklet.
♥ ♥ My blog about the three families click here.
If teammates, coworkers or a school or a school district would like to use my resources, there is a multiple user license that is available at a reduced price.
Click below for more information on the lessons.